Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are getting noticed
Domagoj Offline

RE: We are getting noticed
I wouldn't tie this project to KSP, even in name. It's basically completely unrelated. Alter all, you have to anticipate others joining who have absolutely nothing to do with KSP.

mossat.org is perfectly fine, isn't it?
08-21-2015 07:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Endersmens Offline
Administrator

Well. I've been talking with some others and.

In my opinion we definitely should tie it to KSP. Yes its our project, and doesn't have anything to do with KSP, but we drew all of our starting support from the KSP community. And it's awesome being the mostly official KSP cubesat team.

Also, when we changed the name, quiet a few people on the KSP forums got upset, stating that nobody from the forum should support us anymore because we don't even affiliate with the KSP community like we used to.

In the interest of future support, I think we should keep the name as KSP Community Cubesat.

Plus, someone who isn't part of KSP is probably just as likely to join as if we were called Mossat.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 07:20 AM by Endersmens.)
08-21-2015 07:19 AM
Domagoj Offline

The fact that some people got butthurt over such a thing means very little, except that they are not the kind of individuals I'd like to work with in the long run at all.
There will always be discussions, arguments, raised voices and even heated, poorly judged words, but once someone starts acting all offended without reason, I start losing interest in them.
Furthermore, if someone is interested in this project only because of the "K" in its name, it's poor motivation.

There is only one possible argument I could think of to include the word Kerbal in the project name, and that is the slight possibility that Squad will offer their assistance when the time comes to finance the final build and launch.
08-21-2015 07:45 AM
Endersmens Offline
Administrator

(08-21-2015 07:45 AM)Domagoj Wrote:  The fact that some people got butthurt over such a thing means very little, except that they are not the kind of individuals I'd like to work with in the long run at all.
There will always be discussions, arguments, raised voices and even heated, poorly judged words, but once someone starts acting all offended without reason, I start losing interest in them.
Furthermore, if someone is interested in this project only because of the "K" in its name, it's poor motivation.

There is only one possible argument I could think of to include the word Kerbal in the project name, and that is the slight possibility that Squad will offer their assistance when the time comes to finance the final build and launch.
As to your last point, I'll ask. Smile
08-21-2015 07:49 AM
deljr15 Offline
Administrator

Given the background of our members the creation of the satellite and all supporting systems should be feasible without external funding. The only hold up I foresee is the launch.
08-21-2015 09:04 AM
NERVAfan Offline

Well, if we qualify as 'educational' we might be able to get a free ride from the NASA Educational Launch of Nanosatellites (ELaNa) program.
08-23-2015 08:01 AM
Endersmens Offline
Administrator

Hey, new bot! Yahoo! is now active. Big Grin
08-27-2015 10:54 PM
Domagoj Offline

Well, considering the links on the KSP forums, it would be surprising if they didn't come.
08-28-2015 01:12 AM
Domagoj Offline

Even more interesting is that Alexa is visiting.
09-13-2015 05:52 PM