Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Official IRC Channel!
Endersmens Offline
Administrator

New Official IRC Channel!
We now have an always open IRC channel for our project. This will serve as the new place for chats and meetings. Feel free to get on it any time to chat with other people/bounce ideas across other's opinions and such. This will replace the Chatzy room.

There are two ways to access this channel. One is using a web-based IRC program. This is similar to Chatzy, and opens right in your browser. This is great for quick connecting and not having to mess with settings and stuff. It's a one click thing, you open the link I will give and type in your username and connect.

The other is using an IRC client. This is a program you download to your computer, and it lets you log in to an IRC server and talk on channels. This has advantages over the web-based program, like you can stay logged in, and you can set it up to keep a text file log of everything that happened while you were logged in. There are many other options to set up as well, and it can overall be a better experience than webchat if you prefer personalization.

Here are the instructions for connecting to the channel from both options.

For Web-Based:
Click on this link and type in your username and hit connect. https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.esper.net/mossat

For Client-Based:
Go to "Add new server" or "connect to a server"
Enter this information into the corresponding fields:
Server: irc.esper.net
port: 6667
Channel: #mossat

Please follow one of those instructions when you read this to test it out. I will likely be online, but if my nick is "Endersmens|AFK" I won't actually be there. See you guys in the channel!
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 09:26 AM by Endersmens.)
10-21-2015 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tone Offline

RE: New Official IRC Channel!
Awesome, just joined the Channel Smile
10-29-2015 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply